Breast Augmentation (Breast Aug) Pittsburgh, PA
How you feel about your body is very important in maintaining self-confidence and happiness. Negative perceptions of breast size and shape can be a source of personal dissatisfaction – robbing you of feeling good, desirable and normal. Breast augmentation, also know as Breast aug or breast enlargement can help you achieve the body and image that you desire and give you the confidence you deserve.
For many years, doctors have searched for techniques to make it difficult to detect this procedure. Dr. Oser has improved and refined these minimally invasive techniques. By using a short-scar technique, you can confidently enhance your breast size with little or no scarring. This technique leaves a virtually seamless result.
Dr. Oser and his staff are committed to helping you become well informed about the actual process of preparing for breast augmentation. Feel free to ask any questions and to let us know how we can help you throughout the process. Other services may be recommended in combination with this service to be sure that you have an optimal surgical result.
For many women, the natural size or shape of their breasts may cause dissatisfaction. If you would like to improve the appearance of your breasts, breast augmentation surgery can enhance breast size and shape. Breast augmentation can create a curvier figure, improve body proportions, enhance self-confidence and help women to look and feel more feminine and attractive. Dr. Oser tailors each breast augmentation to match the needs of the individual patient for natural and appealing results.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
Genetics, aging, pregnancy and breastfeeding can all lead to small breasts or breast volume loss. Breast augmentation will provide volume and youthfulness to give you your ideal breast shape.
Uneven or oddly shaped breasts are very common and can occur due to aging, weight fluctuations, genetics or pregnancy. Implant style and size are strategically chosen to provide a balanced, natural-looking appearance.
Boost in Confidence
Increasing your breast size and improving your breast shape can boost your confidence significantly, as your clothing fits better, shopping becomes easier and you love the way you look and feel both in and out of clothing.
The best candidates for breast augmentation surgery are healthy adult women who are dissatisfied with the size and shape of their breasts but have realistic expectations for what the surgery can accomplish (i.e., they are not expecting perfection.) Patients who undergo breast augmentation do so not only for the obvious reason of increasing their breast size but also for the resulting boost in confidence that the procedure provides them.
Types of Breast Implants
- A silicone shell filled with a saltwater solution
- FDA-approved for women 18 years or older
- Inserted into the breast pocket empty and filled during the procedure, allowing for smaller incisions
- Easier to detect implant leaks or ruptures
- More prone to visible rippling and wrinkles
- More likely to have visible implant edges
- A silicone shell filled with cohesive silicone gel
- FDA-approved for women 22 years or older
- Best simulates the look and feel of natural breast tissue
- Less likely to develop visible ripples or wrinkles
- May require a longer incision to place the implants
- Implant leaks or ruptures can only be identified with an MRI
- More natural feel
Implant Shape and Profile
- A round implant is the most common type of implant used because it doesn’t cause breast deformity if it rotates in the pocket
- Round implants provide the greatest amount of lift, fullness and cleavage but may provide more artificial-looking results
- Teardrop implants are anatomically shaped with a gently sloping contour that creates the appearance of a natural breast slope
- Can provide better breast projection and a more natural breast appearance
- May cause breast distortion if they rotate in the pocket
- Low profile implants have a wider base and lower projection
- High profile implants have a narrower base and high projection
- Beneath the pectoral muscle, which provides more implant coverage for patients with minimal breast tissue
Subglandular location (also known as submammary)
- Above the pectoral muscle and beneath the breast tissue
Dr. Oser makes the incision for breast augmentation surgery along the inframammary fold.
- Results in minor, if any, visible scarring
- The incision is created along the lower crease of the breast
- Can reduce the risk of implants bottoming out
The amount of scarring that develops is dependent on the techniques used as well as your body’s natural healing process. While some women will develop visible scarring, it is likely to fade over time.
The cost of this procedure may vary from patient to patient depending on various factors such as implant type, surgical fees and anesthesia fees. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
Whenever possible, twilight anesthesia/sedation is used to prevent pain during the procedure. Mild discomfort after the procedure can be easily controlled with medication prescribed by Dr. Oser.
You will experience bruising and swelling following your procedure. A specialty bra should be worn for at least two weeks to support the breasts and minimize swelling. Most patients return to work during the second week of their recovery and resume their regular exercise routine during the fourth week. Most swelling should subside after six weeks.
While results may vary, patients typically enjoy youthful, more comfortable breasts that are in better proportion to their figure. Many patients see a new, more pleasing shape to the breasts and feel an increase in self-confidence.
Dr. Oser may recommend complementary services to maximize your desired result. These may include a breast lift, tummy tuck or liposuction.
WHAT TYPE OF ANESTHESIA IS USED DURING BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGERY?
Breast augmentation is performed using Twilight to ensure patient safety and comfort.
CAN A BREAST AUGMENTATION IMPROVE SAGGING BREASTS?
No. Implants can slightly lift breast tissue, but if you suffer from sagging breasts, you will require a breast lift. The breast lift procedure is commonly combined with a breast augmentation to treat breast drooping and improve the results of your procedure.
HOW LONG WILL MY BREAST AUGMENTATION RESULTS LAST?
Breast augmentation surgery is designed to provide long-term enhancement. Most women achieve a satisfactory breast appearance that will last for years. Some implants may require replacement after 10 or 15 years if they become worn or damaged. Consult the manufacturer for typical implant life and warranties.